- To be eligible, a book must be a first-edition full
length novel or short story collection, written by a Canadian
citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- Collections of previously published work are not eligible.
- To be eligible, a book must be published in English,
either originally or in translation. (In the case of translation,
the original work must be Canadian-authored).
- Books must be published in Canada in English between
November 1, 2001 and October 15, 2002. (Previous publication
of a book in another language or in another country does
not disqualify it).
- No entry shall be ineligible because its author has
won either The Giller Prize or any other prize previously.
- All books must carry an ISBN number and be available
for sale in bookstores.
- No self-published books shall be eligible (that is,
titles authored by any senior officer of the book's publishing
firm and/or books underwritten in part or in whole by
Entries (finished books or galleys, not loose
pages) are to be submitted according to the following guidelines:
- Books published between November 1 of the preceding
year and April of the current year must be submitted by
- Books published between mid-April and mid-June must
be submitted by late June.
- Books published between mid-June and late October must
be submitted by mid-August.
version of this page